Everything You Need to Know About MERN Stack
Today, the web application development process is not the same as it was a couple of years back. Web apps are developed using various technologies, and one of the common technologies we all might be aware of is 'Technology Stack.' It is often used in modern software development. But what does it actually mean?
Technology stack refers to the amalgamation of programming languages, tools, and frameworks used in software development. If you usually work with a tech stack, you will surely have a favorite one you always pick when developing a web application. If it is the MERN stack, you’re also one of those developers who find this technology stack the right choice to win the race in 2022.
According to the HackerRank development skill report, 30% of developers choose Angular.js while 26% stayed with React JS. The report also highlights that 30% of the programmers show interest in learning ReactJS, whereas 35.9% of developers prefer to use ReactJS for development. These stats clearly show that the MERN stack stands slightly above MEAN when it comes to popularity. Not only this, but MERN also stays on top of the chart in terms of ease of understanding.
But why is the MERN stack so popular among developers? In this blog post, we will talk about the MERN stack development and some frequently asked questions about this tech stack.
What is MERN Stack Development
MERN Stack Explained
MERN stack is layered up with the four technologies - MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js. This tech stack offers an end-to-end framework to developers, providing all the components that play a crucial role in web applications development.
Use Cases Of MERN Stack
The bonus point of this technology stack is that it is also suitable for those cloud-based applications that require an interactive internet interface and a lot of JSON. Well, the MERN stack is used for a variety of reasons that you should know before choosing it for your next project.
1. Interactive Forums
No matter whether you want an interactive forum for a webpage or social networking website, choosing MERN would be a great idea. It can create these forms that will allow people to post messages or chat with people on the other end or perform several actions.
2. Calendars & To-Do Lists Apps
Developing any calendar or to-do application is fun with the MERN stack. ReactJS can be used to create a calendar and the frontend and user dashboard of the to-do application. MongoDB helps save, read, change and show data or information within your to-do app.
3. Social Media Products
MERN stack also helps create products for social networking sites. These products may include interactive forms, for instance, a little web app integrated within the social network page, Ads, articles, etc.
Components of MERN Stack development
The four key technologies that make up this MERN stack are MongoDB, Express.js, ReactJS, and Node.js. Let’s take a deep look into these technologies-
- An open-sourced document-based server, MongoDB is a NoSQL as well as Non-Standardized Query Languages) database. But what does NoSQL refer to? It can be any non-relational system that doesn’t need a set structure or regular tables to contain the data. MongoDB holds the data in a much better way than other conventional tables.
- MongoDB also offers new methods for data extraction and storage.
- No table structures are available in MongoDB that are basically found in RDBMS (Relational Databases Management Solution).
- The data is stored in BSON (Binary JS Object Notation) format. This BSON format specifies the length and information type that helps it process faster.
- This technology stack component is also quicker than RDBMS (Relational Database Management Solution) because of the indexing algorithm and effective storage quality.
- But at the same time, it is crucial to understand that MongoDB can’t handle complex transactions because advanced join procedures aren’t accessible in this technology stack.
- MongoDB is a most popular form of NoSQL system that scores high in terms of scalability and is well known for providing the high-performance. This NoSQL system also expands when additional servers are added.
- It also provides access to a customizable document model that any developer can generate in no time.
- This technology stack is designed to build APIs of web apps, and cross-platform mobile applications faster.
- It provides the ease to build and manage reliable servers and is considered a perfect tool to develop mobile applications rapidly.
- This component of the MERN stack makes it convenient for developers to create advanced and complex APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and web servers.
- Structuring the software’s functionality can also be accomplished with Express using routing and middleware on powerful web servers.
- It also has useful features that enhance Node.js HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) items.
- React is a renowned and popular open-source front-end JS library for building web applications.
- This technology is also used to take control of any view layer for smartphones and online apps.
- ReactJS has been used to create user interfaces, particularly for single-page web apps.
- Developers utilize the power of this technology to construct UI (User Interface) components that can also be reused.
- Node.js is not a coding language, hence it is not a framework.
- This technology is used to build a number of backend solutions, including web apps and mobile apps.
- Today, several tech giants such as Uber, PayPal, and Netflix reap the benefits of this technology.
- It is also considered a reliable open ASCII text storage platform that everyone can use.
- It can work on various operating systems whether it is Windows or Mac OS X, Linux, or Unix.
- Super easy to run and is suitable for agile design and prototyping.
- Node.js gives consumers extremely fast services necessary in the competitive online world.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On MERN Stack
Is the MERN stack used for the backend?
What is the MERN stack considered best for?
MERN stack is created with four technologies MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js. These technologies are intended to make the development process more efficient and smooth and make this stack one of the most-preferred choices of developers.
Is full stack and MERN stack the same?
Yes. MERN is indeed a full stack technology that is equipped with React.js (frontend displaying levels), Express.js & Node.js (application level) and MongoDB (database layer), following the three-tier structural pattern.
Is the MERN stack used for frontend?
No doubt, MERN stack is a renowned technology stack that helps create full-stack apps quickly and in a more stable manner. This stack can handle everything from start to end. It also features an advanced backend, database admin system and a complete frontend development support.
Is the MERN stack difficult to learn?
So, this is all about the MERN stack. We have covered everything you want to learn about MERN stack, going through all its components and some FAQs to end the doubts in a developer or a beginner’s mind.
Developers at 75way are also experts in the MERN stack. 75way is a leading MERN stack development company specializing in this technology stack. The company has served many clients across the globe with high-end services. If you are also looking for the experienced MERN stack development, get in touch with 75way today.